Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Why I blog
1. I enjoy writing. I do it for fun.
2. It gives me an excuse to put on headphones, listen to music and not be bothered.
3. I am opinionated.
4. I WAY over-think too many things.
5. It makes me more reflective in my daily life. I am always thinking of how I can turn conversations or situations into a blog post/rant.
6. I blog about things I enjoy, things I find funny or things that bother me. It's similar to therapy, but in a more public way.
If you know me in "real life" you know that I am quirky, goofy and have a pretty good sense of humor. I don't take things too seriously. I like to have fun and see the hilarity in everyday life. I am not here to impart some grand wisdom or make you change points of view with this here blog. Much of what I like to write about are things that I dwell on, obsess about and ponder in my daily life.
I write this blog because I REALLY enjoy writing, but I don't really like putting pen to paper. It's much easier to type anyways. I used to keep a journal but that was before computers were so easily accessible. It took too much time and didn't have spell check. (Remember I obsess about things and spelling is one of them, because I'm not good at it.)
If you like the things that I have to say, good. If you disagree and think I'm an idiot, fine. I hope that the people who choose to read my blog do it for the purposes of finding like minded people with everyday problems, discoveries and interests.
I don't really have a set theme or niche to speak of. I write about what I am obsessing about at the moment; sometimes it's about a DIY project, sometimes food, sometimes a larger social issue. You never know what you might find here.
I encourage my readers to comment and I will gladly respond. As I tell all my friends, WRITE ON SISTER!
Posted by Heather