|If you don't come up with some ideas soon, |
this is what their room with look like.
1) Make some coffee.
2) Sit down and get caught up on Dalai Mama. (See what I did there?)
3) Watch an entire season of a new TV series that you've always wanted to, but never had the time.
4) Clean the microwave with this recipe. I did it yesterday and it totally worked and that is saying a lot because my microwave looked like a gremlin exploded in there. * *that was Dalai Dad's joke, so I can't take the credit for that one.
5) Play Uno with the two littles that keep chasing you around the house with the deck of Uno cards and whining, "Pleeeeeease, can we play Uno?"
6) Slap those suckers with a Draw 4 as payback for the Wild card and calling the color that you didn't have.
7) Watch like 3,000 episodes of the Regular Show with the kids and choke-laugh through the whole thing while eating a bag and a half of York Peppermint Patties.
8) Read a Gillian Flynn book. (I've read two in the last month; Sharp Objects in two days. She is an amazingly, disturbed writer and I love her to pieces.)
9) Boil some water and throw it into the air and watch it turn into a cloud of... snow?...fog?...mist? I don't know what the hell it was, but it was cool when we did it last night.
10) Build a couch fort.
|Or you could plan a |
Barbie/Monster High/stuffed animal/doll
11) If you're a mama, head over to Mamalode.com to read some awesome parenting stories from equally amazing writers.
12) Check out target.com just in case you were missing your favorite store and haven't been there for, like, a week and four days.
13) Watch all your neighbors try to make it up the street in their cars while the ass-end fishtails and swerves, narrowly missing a fire hydrant. (That would have been exciting.)
14) Bring some snow in on a cookie sheet and let the kids make a mini-snowman inside.
15) Make snow ice cream.
16) **Not advised, but if you have to....make dinner, do the dishes and throw in a load of laundry.
17) Cruise on over to Pinterest and do some pinning...ahem....meal planning.
18) Get out your old photo albums and listen to the ooooohs and ahhhhhs from the kids about how young/skinny/pretty you USED to look. Thanks kids.
19) Three words: NERF GUN WARS!
20) Crank the stereo and have a dance party.
21) Make chocolate chip cookies.
22) Hide in the laundry room and eat the last of the chocolate chip cookies.
23) Build with Legos, color the Doodle Bear, or build a model car. (Kids submissions)
24) Watch Seasons 1 and 2 of the Muppet Show.
25) Benadryl shots with brandy chasers. (For you or the kids or everyone...you decide.)
26) Demonstrate to the kids what constitutes your "bubble."
27) Play with Playdoh and board games.
28) Pick up 1.5 million bits of Playdoh.
29) Teach your kids about London, Paris, and the Louvre. If you have pictures, a travel journal and travel brochures, that's even better.
30) Let them ooooooh and ahhhhhh about how cool you USED to be. Thanks kids.
31) Let your kids make a performance and record it so they can watch it later. Commercials are funny to do too.
32) Take funny pictures of things around the house and make up stupid captions for them.
33) Read Sharts and Farts one more time, just for shits and giggles. Just don't giggle and shit!
34) Chase the dog with a remote control car.
35) Have a matchbox car racing tournament and then smash all the losers with the remote control car, Bigfoot style.
36) Play "bad guys" with the dog being the bad guy.
37) Play Art Store, complete with French accents. Then play restaurant and bakery with custom menus designed by the Art Store.
38) Host a 'search and rescue' mission for lost or abandoned toys (after a Toy Story marathon.) *A good way to find all those missing little pieces that otherwise get swept under the rug.
39) Harry Potter Marathon with popcorn and a blanket 'nest' on the floor.
So there it is...a list of stuff to do while you're snowed in. After rereading it though, it seems that this list is mainly a catalogue of sorts for me and me alone, but whatever.
And around my house, if you even so much as mutter the words, "I'm bored" you end up cleaning something, so there's that too. Have fun and stay warm!
If you enjoyed this post check out Dalai Mama on Facebook and Twitter!
Post a Comment